Second Shift Program
The MHL Second Shift program is a game-oriented program designed to transition players from First Shift into Mississauga Hockey League play (with an Area Association) the following hockey season. Whereas First Shift focuses on learning to skate in hockey equipment, learning to stick-handle, shoot, etc, SECOND SHIFT focuses on actual hockey game play. Teams are made-up of interested First Shift “graduates” and we take as many players as we can.
The plan for 2017-18 is to create 8 teams (of 15 players each) out of the four First Shift programs that are currently running. These 8 teams would then play a 6-week schedule of games, using the ice currently in use by First Shift, starting on January 7th and running until February 11th. For a draft schedule, click here. (Note that this schedule is subject to change based upon the number of players who register and how many teams we have.)
Cost for Second Shift will be $150.00. Note that $75.00 of this fee is potentially refundable if you join the MHL (via one of our 6 Area Associations) for the 2018-19 hockey season.
To register for Second Shift for January/February, 2018, click here.
About the MHL:
- Not for Profit; affiliated with the City of Mississauga
- No body-checking
- No geographic boundaries… the Area Association you choose to register with is up to you
- Annual registration commences in the Spring (on May 1st) and runs through the Summer
- Beginners are always welcome and our tiered levels of play ensures that everyone has a chance to compete
- ALL players are welcome!
- For further details regarding the MHL and its’ Area Associations, please click here.