- “A” (or “Rep”) Tryouts take place in late April for play commencing in the late Summer and early Fall
- Annual registration for House League players commences on May 1st for play commencing in the Fall
- All registrations are done online using the Hockey Canada Registry program (further details below)
- The MHL has spots for players aged 4 through 20 and for players of all skill levels, from beginners through to “Rep”
- Other than “Rep” (or “A”) teams at ages 15 (Minor Midget) and up, the MHL is a non-body-checking League
- All MHL games are played in Arenas within the City of Mississauga (other than Tournament or Exhibition games)
- The majority of our House League games for players aged 7 through 15 will be played on Saturday, though we do play games on Sunday and weeknights as well. All game times are age appropriate. (Practice times and game times for the 4-6 years olds (“Tyke”) are administered by the Area Associations.)
About the MHL:
- The Mississauga Hockey League is a Non-Profit Organization set up to provide recreational hockey to the young residents of Mississauga, both boys and girls
- Non-residents are welcome, subject to restrictions on total numbers, and will be assessed a non-resident participation fee by the City of Mississauga
- The MHL is an affiliate to the Parks and Recreation Department of the City of Mississauga and reports to the GTHL (Greater Toronto Hockey League)
- The MHL is comprised of six Area Associations, whose information appears further down this page… Applewood, Cooksville, Erindale, Lorne Park Clarkson, Meadowvale, and Port Credit.
- The MHL is also affiliated with the Mississauga Crusaders, an organization geared to providing developmentally challenged children, youth and adults the opportunity to play hockey, regardless of their skating abilities and hockey skills. mississaugacrusaders.com
- This past season (2015-16) we hit the ice with 5,402 players and 361 teams.
How to Register:
- Select which of the 6 Area Associations you’d like to join (See below for their corresponding Home rinks and for links to their respective websites)
- There are no geographic boundaries within Mississauga and the choice of Association is up to you. (Note that your weekly practices will be held at your Home rink, whereas your weekly games will be throughout Mississauga, though a significant percentage should be at your Home rink.)
- Registration commences on May 1st and acceptance is based upon space rather than skill level. If you haven’t played before, or even skated before, no worries… we’ll find a spot for you where you’ll learn the game and play with fellow beginners.
- Cost… varies by age level and from Association to Association. The Area Associations set their own fees and details can be found on their respective websites.
- House League hockey in the MHL is broken down by age level. The Division names and respective age limits are:
|Division Names||Age Limit|
|Division Names||Age Limit|
- For information on financial assistance for players, please reference our Play-More Program by clicking HERE.
After You’ve Registered:
- After you’ve registered, your Association will contact you to confirm your registration and advise your next steps, the primary of which is “Evaluations”.
- Evaluations take place in early to mid-September and enable the coaches and the League to assess each player’s ability and to place him or her on the appropriate team.
- The first 6 weeks of the MHL season represent our team and player convening period and allow the coaches and the League to refine the evaluation process.
- During the convening period the MHL Games Schedule will be posted only 1 week at a time. Once convening ends (the first Sunday of November) a rolling 6-week schedule will be posted.
For a brief synopsis on Evaluations & Convening, please click here. If you have any questions or require additional information, we’d be happy to hear from you… give us a call at the MHL Office, 905-607-1118, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Details re Association Home Arenas and respective websites: (for Arena location maps click HERE)
|Association||Home Arena(s) (all within Mississauga)||Website|
|Applewood Coyotes||Chic Murray and Tomken Arenas||applewoodhockey.on.ca|
|Erindale Spitfires||Erin Mills Arena||erindalehockey.com/|
|Heartland Dragons||Mississauga Valley and Hershey Centre Arenas||heartlanddragons.com/|
|Lorne Park Clarkson Wild||Carmen Corbasson (Cawthra) and Clarkson Arenas||lpcha.ca|
|Meadowvale Hawks||Meadowvale Arena||meadowvalehockey.com/|
|Port Credit Storm||Port Credit / Huron Park Arenas||portcredithockey.com/|