The Mississauga Hockey League and its six member Associations, in partnership with our corporate partners, Canlan Ice Sports (Oakville) and Tim Hortons, are proud to offer the MHL Play-More Program, a program that assists players unable to participate in hockey due to severe financial constraints. The Program addresses the cost of playing hockey and enhancing player experiences and, as of July, 2015, is a CRA Registered Charity, # 82614 0592 RR0001.
Assistance from the Play-More program provides any eligible resident hockey player with the opportunity to play hockey at all competition levels.
As with every program, there are regulations, guidelines, program monitoring and qualifications to ensure that the program helps those in need. Hockey is one part of a player’s experience, education is another part. The Mississauga Hockey League plans to work with students and parents on this initiative to help monitor the player/student’s progress academically and on the ice. Positive feedback from both could result in renewal for the following season, providing the assistance conditions remain the same.
The Approval Process:
1. The names of the applicants will remain confidential. The MHL will review the applications and all attachements to determine extent of hardship assistance, if any.
2. Assistance can come in any or all of these categories:
The Monitoring Process:
1. Any player that receives a Gross Misconduct and Match Penalty may not be allowed to apply in future.
2. Any player that is requested to appear before the Discipline and Appeals Committee will not be allowed to apply in future.
3. Any player that receives a negative report from their school or has dropped out of school will not be allowed to apply in future.
A player may be considered to continue the program at any skill level the following season if:
To view and download the Play-More Program Application Form click here.
Financial support for the MHL Play-More Program is proudly provided by Tim Hortons and Canlan Ice Sports (Oakville).